10) On a hike with two pups commonly photographed, Tipsy and Taco, and their mom, I became obsessed with the birdhouses all over the nature preserve. Combine that fascination with a lonely valley oak, I was in heaven.
9) At Llyod lake in Golden Gate park, I had the pleasure of capturing this lovely lady who specializes in Yin yoga. Watching her mindfully move her body along with her blocks brought an energy of understanding that I can not explain. Thank you for allowing me to capture you!
8) On a road from Santa Cruz to Ventura, I stopped in Pismo going both directions. One time surfing 8 foot waves, the other driving quickly away from the flatness. This town was an interesting combination of liberal beach vibes conflicted by conservative spaces. A place I will have to return to understand better!
7) Working up Duppy Conquer, 5.11c, at the Emeralds near Bowman Lake. A great climbing community of granite sport climbers. Fun to be atop routes, jugging up and down, taking images of those climbing hard!
6) A classic site. Riding five on the nose seeking balance with the arms. His demeanor is smooth, calm, and calculated.
5) Marie sitting on the ledge of Knob Hill. After finishing some multi-pitch and gear cleaning practice, we sat there for lunch to enjoy the views the Merced river has carved out over these past few years. I laugh at the thought of erroding away these granite cliffs only taking few years.
4) This mans beard is fierce, just like the his toes on the nose coming directly at me! Memorial weekend I had the privilege of capturing images for Santa Cruz Longboard Union's contest.
3) It is hard to beat the fresh Yosemite Valley air created by these trees. I guess the water fall views and striking granite walls are just a plus. I snapped this image while talking with a buddy as we stared at El Cap in the other direction. There isn't much to say here other than we are spoiled to have a national park like Yosemite!
2) A youth climbing competition at Pacific Edge. One student of plastic stares at the other solving one of the problems.
1) Walking the cliffs of Steamer Lane, avoiding the paddle and jumping into the brisk water. Just happened to be in the afternoon with some gorgeous clouds.